Monday, December 23, 2013

The gift is in the wrapping, too

I like handmade things. The older I get, the more I like them. I have always loved a well wrapped gift, too, with coordinating ribbon, wrap, cards, etc.

This year I made gifts for Christmas, as I often do, and, as is always the case, I needed a nifty way to wrap them up. I decided to put all that beautiful craft paper to good use, and make my own. I've made paper boxes before, but this year I wanted something a little different. I stumbled upon a blogger who made pyramid boxes. Perfect! I re-sized the dimensions to fit my needs, and made my own out of 12" x 12" patterned card stock.


More on what I put inside after Christmas...don't want to spoil the surprise for the recipients.  =)


Interested in this little box? You can find the original template and instructions here, and it fits 8-1/2" x 11" card stock. For a larger box, just upscale your dimensions, and use larger card stock. This was a very easy project that produced a lovely result.

No comments:

Post a Comment