Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

We made a spontaneous trip to Las Vegas, to visit my sister, for the Thanksgiving holiday.  It was a long visit, as Cliff had a lot of time off (must use up that vacation!), and we didn't have a lot planned.  As it turned out, it was a trip more about relaxation than activity, and it was nice.

We swam a lot.  Well, Kindle and I did.  Clearly, my childhood love of swimming is still alive and well.  I swam every day, and as a result, I slept restfully, and my back didn't bother me.  If anything would motivate me to move to a warmer climate, where I can swim every day, those two things have the power to do it!

The swimming was excellent for Kindle, as well.  Ever since her back injury, I have been walking a thin line, trying to manage her activity so she does not suffer further deterioration, but stays physically fit, and in good condition.  Swimming may be the absolute perfect exercise for her, and she *loves* it.

Jumping into the pool was the hurdle I wanted her to overcome from our prior trip, and she surely did.  I was so proud of her.


Such a sweet girl.  I love her so...

We found some time to go see the fountains at the Bellagio while there, and it was so beautiful.  One of my favorite things to do there, so far.  I will have to do it again next time we go.

The hotel, itself, is very pretty, set back off the boulevard, which is nice.  Reminds me of how things were many years ago.


They played one of my most favorite songs for one of the performances, "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.  It is very moving, especially in light of our recent loss of Ty.  It was the perfect song.  It brought me to tears, twice.



The show takes place in the 9 acre lake, on the Bellagio property that runs along Las Vegas Blvd., and it's free.  A must, really.  The show takes place every 30 minutes from 3pm - 7pm, and every 15 minutes after 7pm.

We also did not pass up a chance to drop in on our favorite burger place - Bachi!

Of course, turkey was on the menu, and we made a beautiful one, stuffed with a citrus and herb blend, and basted with a cranberry and balsamic glaze that not only added a robust flavor, but was beautiful on the turkey, as well.

On the BBQ, before we started basting with the glaze.


And after the glaze.


 

A couple of pies later, and some of our favorite sides, Thanksgiving dinner was complete.

While visiting, Cliff helped Jamie with some painting, hanging of a fixture, and did some trim work for her in the kitchen, which we had been unable to complete on the prior trip, so her kitchen is now complete.

Jamie and I also did a chalkboard project.  That will be on the blog, in a separate entry.  Stay tuned for that one.

All in all, such a fun time.  Miss Jamie already...until next time, Sissy.  See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time!! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turkey makes me hungry again! Reese did the "sock game" with me this
    morning for the first time. Got one on my right foot and she grabbed the left one. I thought it was quite appropriate that they were "sheltie" sox I had purchased at a dog show years ago. They are white with shelties all over them.
    What fun--I now feel a part of Reese's family,
    Colette

    ReplyDelete