Wednesday, November 28, 2012

For the love of Bun, November 28, 2012

It's been a while since I last wrote to you, Bun, even though you are never far from my thoughts, and always in my heart.

Yesterday Cliff opened your box to put your "LickStrong" bracelet inside.  That was hard.  It's such a gut punch.  It's one of two times we have opened it; once to put your collar inside, and yesterday, the bracelet.  Cliff wept, from his soul, and watching him, I felt my heart break even more, if that's possible.

This morning I updated your page on the website, and changed your story to the past tense.  I knew I needed to do that, and had been putting it off.  It just feels so final...not that your absence isn't, but that was very hard for me to do.

I love you so very much, and I miss you so very much.  A day doesn't go by that tears don't stream down my face, as I think of you, and long to hold you, one more time.

I love you, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment