Monday, August 6, 2012

A little time off...

Cliff put in for a week's vacation later in the summer.  I'm not really sure what we're going to do.  Likely spend a couple of days around the house, organizing, purging and just generally going through the annual "keep, toss or sell" process.

We'd also like to spend a couple of days driving around, perhaps making our way to the coast.  And, of course, I'd like to stretch my photography wings a bit more.  Now that I'm more intimately familiar with all the major functions of my camera, it's time to seek some new subjects, and play around with longer exposures, different lighting challenges, etc.  Seems when I gather a better understanding of yet another function of my camera, I find a new level of detail in my shots, too, which is very exciting for me.  Now that I'm shooting on manual, I see what's truly available to me, in terms of my camera's capabilities, and the finer level of control is really nifty.  Truly, this is where photography really rings my bell: the technical aspect of shooting.

So, back to the point of this post...where to go on our little jaunt?  The Pacific Northwest is so pretty, it's rare we need to leave the area to see the best of nature.  We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place, and within just a few hours, one can see the brilliance of nature's bounty.  Everything is green and in full foliage.  Should be a fun time.

And, no trip with the dogs would be complete without a romp in water, somewhere.  I anticipate a few 'wet dog' shots in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment