Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stuffed brie

Boy, if ever there was a dish I'd like to take credit for, this one is it!  Why?  Because it's simple, easy and looks beautiful.  My top three requirements for anything I make, all rolled into one, tasty treat.  Perfect as an appetizer (all alone), or with crackers.

 

Pretty straightforward.  Start with a brie wheel, and cut it in half, like a layer cake.  Top the bottom half with any combination you like.  I used sun-dried tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, garlic and salt/pepper.

 

Add the top half, and set it atop a thawed puff pastry (I do not make puff pastry, I just buy it from the freezer case in my local market).

 

Wrap it up (it doesn't have to be pretty, just pinch edges together), place it on a baking sheet, and into a 400 degree oven until golden brown, and puffed up.


 

Remove from oven, let it set for about 10 minutes, then slice and serve as you wish.

I can see this one stuffed with many different ingredients.  Make it savory, or sweet.  Something tells me grilled peaches and ginger might be good, too.  Have fun with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment