Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesday: every endeavor is an unfolding dream

I fancy myself a planner, a thinker (some call me an analyzer, and others just call me 'anal retentive', or, more commonly, 'anal Annie').  For all the thinking and planning I do, I more often follow what's presented vs. what I deliberately create, so there is an element of a 'fly by the seat of your pants' girl in my spirit somewhere.

This year it will be 13 years since I acquired my first Sheltie.  His name is Jet.  He's still with me, thanks to God.  When I look back on that acquisition, I'm reminded that so much of my life, in the ensuring years, would be dictated by what Jet presented to me, as far as options.  He was a busy puppy, so we attended some agility classes.  He would go on to become an agility star.  Quick, agile, smart and responsive, he would take me on one hell of a journey.  Other dogs would follow, but their path was predicated by the path Jet paved for me, and for them, as well.

Yesterday we had a good dumping of snow.  It was late in coming, and in many ways, I feel as though we should be preparing for spring, though winter finally did make an appearance.  We took some shots yesterday, after letting the dogs out to play in the snow, and one of the shots just hit me full in the face.  My almost 13 year old Jet, with that 'look' of knowing he has always had.  An old soul, coming through in his aging, yet bright eyes.  Today I made a tribute from that photo.  I posted it on FaceBook, but I want to memorialize it here, too.

There really are no words to express the love I have for this dog.  I have tried to come up with them many times, and I fail miserably every time.  But, my heart knows how I feel.  And so does my beloved Jet.

I can only look to the Heavens, and thank God for the gift of Jet in my life.  So few gifts have been as profound, pivotal, and completely fulfilling.  Life is sweeter because of my special boy, my heart and soul dog - Jet...


No comments:

Post a Comment