Monday, February 20, 2012

Great flavors, great texture

I make my own hummus, from my own canned garbanzo beans.  It's one of the best things to have on hand.  The spices are all canned with the beans, so making the hummus is quick.  Yesterday I was busy doing other things, so Cliff offered to whip up the hummus.  He made it with artichoke hearts and garlic, and to say it was wonderful, would be putting mildly.


I decided to use it today on pitas, with an assortment of vegies, bacon, feta cheese and some chopped sun-dried tomatoes.  Wasn't sure how well all the flavors would go together, but it worked.  The flavor profile was superb, and it just plain tasted fresh.  Cliff had made the hummus yesterday, so it was matter of slicing the pita, filling the pocket with the hummus, and adding all the other ingredients.  I had intended to add an avocado, but forgot about it.  I will try it with the avocado tomorrow, but I must confess, I didn't miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment